Rover SDI Loss of power

I have a Rover 420 Sdi 1997 P reg. First thing in the morning the car starts and works fine, I can drive to work no problem. If I turn the enginee off then on again (say stoping for petrol), then the engine management light comes on and there is a loss of power as if the turbo is not working. If I leave the car for five hours every thing will be fine again. I have tried my local garage. Any ideas?

Reply to
The paddler

It's a while since I had one of these so bare with me as I'm going from memory...

On the bulkhead, round about in the middle, there's an upside down electrical connection for the turbo. It has a habit of collecting water and corroding. Try giving it a good clean.

Reply to
MikeL

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, but it's worked. Thanks.

Reply to
The paddler