306 XLd - engine nightmare

Shortly after buying the car 2 years a go, I had to have the head gasket done. It went again a few weeks ago and so I've had to spend £440 having it replaced (+ head skim etc). Unfortunately, it's not resolved the problem and the mechanic tells me I need a new engine :-(

Anyone know where I can get a recon engine fitted in the London area? Needs to be relatively cheap as the car's will probably only be worth £1400 when it's done

Thanks in advance,

Edward

Reply to
Edward

Don't know about London, but in the Liverpool / Merseyside area, it would be around £550-00 all in, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

what is the problem?

Reply to