[307] Mileometer discrepancy

I read here a couple of weeks ago that people were seeing discrepancies between their mileometer and trip counters. Having just taken delivery of a new 307 SE HDI 110, I've also noticed such a problem. Typically, an extra two miles is added to the mileometer per journey (despite the trip counter giving what appears to be an accurate reading - without the extra miles added).

I've also noticed when the car is unlocked, the mileometer often gives a slightly different reading to what it gives when the ignition is switched on. The difference appears to be the same as the latest discrepancy, so I assume it's linked with the problem.

Has anyone got any proper word from Peugeot to what the problem is? When I told my dealer of it today, they said they were unaware of any problem but would look in to it (i.e., forget about it). Unless they're spoon-fed with the information, I doubt it'll ever get resolved.

Reply to
wooyay

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:34:31 -0000, a particular chimpanzee named "wooyay" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Same problem here. I took my car in last week, and they replaced the binnacle (speedo, etc) but it didn't solve the problem. It's booked in for another head-scratching session next week, so if they resolve it, I'll post it here.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

I too have a similar problem.The Peugeot dealer say that they are aware of the problem and are awaiting to hear back from Peugeot for a fix.I`m bringing my car in to have the water that is trapped somewhere around the dashboard area on the outside.

Reply to
dom

Hi there

Have just found this group and am really quite relieved to see that i am not the only one with problems with the mileometer readings on my 307.

I too have been told that Peugeot are aware and that they are working on a software fix........should be available early Jan (yeah i believe them....dont you???)

Val

Reply to
Val Thomas

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:12:37 -0000, a particular chimpanzee named "Val Thomas" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Have you heard this from the dealer? I've been given no indication of timescale. So in the meantime, my mileometer will have clocked up more than 1000 miles more than I've done.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

My dealer acknowledged the problem and said Peugeot are working towards a fix, but don't know when it'll be available.

Since I've had the car, I've been keeping a record of how many miles have been added per-day, something which my dealer told me to continue with. I was also told that when the problem is fixed, they'll be able to put the mileometer right which, if true, makes the problem slightly less urgent to get put right...

Reply to
wooyay

Believe!!! There is a new instrument panel coming soon to a Pug dealer near you.

Reply to
Nigel

This is true. The correct mileage is stored in the BSI and when the instrument panel is replaced it will get the correct mileage from that.

Reply to
Nigel

Is this a km/mi conversion problem? The 307 here has km readouts and all is in order except the odometer is a bit 'slow' - I checked against the roadside measured signs. It is 100m under at 5km. No big deal. Tyre pressures etc could account for that.

So all of you have miles odometers?

Cheers. Murray

Hugo Nebula wrote:

Reply to
mkelly

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:39:40 +1000, a particular chimpanzee named " snipped-for-privacy@powerup.com.au" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

It appears everyone who's posted so far is in miles, but I don't think it's as simple as that. In my case, the discrepancy is not consistent, but inversely proportional to the length of the journey. Hell, sometimes the odometer will increase by two miles between opening the door and turning the key!

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Is this problem just linked with new 307's or have you all got different ages of 307?

Just wondering as I've clocked up just short of 50K and the car burnt down, so with the Insurance/Peugeot make me an offer on the cars value I'd like to be sure that reading was accurate.

If this does effect all 307's, overall what is the average margin of error (ie 5%)?

Neil...

Reply to
Neil Farnham-Smith

I think the problem is only affecting new, or at least recent 307s. Mine's just over three weeks old.

I've been keeping an eye on the problem since I've had the car (fortunately, I was aware of an issue prior to collection because of what previous people have said here). If any miles are added, it only seems to be 2-3 miles in the first few miles of a journey, so if you do fewer, but longer trips it'll not be as bad as many short trips. Over the last three weeks, my car's added just over 50 miles on a total of 1600 miles.

Reply to
wooyay

Hi there

I have emailed peugeot and have been told that there WILL be a fix in the new year for this discrepency.......I told them that as far as i was concerned ......every 0.6 of a mile on the trip switch means one mile on the mileometer.........if you follow my drift!!......Will wait and see with bated breath......my car is only 6 months old.......my other 307 which was a

51 reg......didnt do this at all........or make the whining sound that this one does...!!

Val

Reply to
Val Thomas

I don't know all the datails of the failure you described ... but it seams that 0.6 miles (statute and not nautical) equals roughly to 1 kilometer; are you sure that Peugeot did not deliver you a car with decimal units???

"Val Thomas" a écrit dans le message de news:bqgfec$vpe$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
alain.tchorny