306 manual window roller busted

Hi,

I'm an american living in Iceland who is very happy with his peugeot ownership experience thus far. I hope at some point they make their way back to the US.

Anyway, the other day I was driving with the driver's side window open, the passenger behind me then complained that they were cold and I quickly started to roll the window up. I used too much force and now the roller continues to rotate, but it appears to be disconnected from the internal mechanism. Thankfully, considering the coming Icelandic winter, the window is stuck in the up position rather then all the way down, but still I'd like to have the luxury of being able to open it once again.

I've ordered the manuals, but I haven't yet taken off the door panel. I'm pretty new at this but I'm confident that I should be able to figure it out, but I wanted to get some suggestions and find out what parts I will need and how involved a job it will be to get the window moving again. Thanks in advance.

Harris

1995 306 XR

Also two quick questions, does anyone know what size tires came stock on this model?

Second, my rear window defroster only partially works, only several of the wires embedded in the glass seem to be heating up. Anyone have any suggestions related to that? I've come across threads discussing the defroster completely not functioning, but haven't seen any concerning it partially.

Thanks again.

Reply to
SH