peugeot 307 hdi, weird oil like leak....

Second hand info i'm afraid,

my brother has a peugeot 307, hdi gtx jobbie, 3 or 4 years old.

just noticed when parked on our sloping driveaway, the car is leaving it's mark, an oil like substance, but it's more of a rust colour he rekons, dosent smell of diesel, and dosent seem like engine oil.

but it's not coming from the engine area, it's about half way along the car, in the middle.

he had a look underneath, and he says there's a square plastic box about behind the drivers seat, next to the exhaust, and what ever is leaking is coming from that box,

anyone know what this could be?

i'm going over there later in the week to have a look, but would be nice if i had an idea what it might be to take the relevent tools with me,

Reply to
Gazz

Air con condensate? Just a guess but normally you'd expect it to be = clear, not rusty coloured.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

i thought that, but would expect water like i get from my cars air con drain, but also i'd expect the air con drain to be under the heater matrix, which i assume will be in the usual location near the dash area.

apparantly it has a thickness to it, kinda like oil, but apparantly has no smell.

Reply to
Gazz

My guess would be that it is brake fluid (practically no smell and feels slimy) and it is leaking from the load compensation valve (which often get very rusty and are often shielded by a plastic cover)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Sounds like you have an Eolys leak from the additive tank that is used to clean the DPF. Get it fixed quick and the additive counter reset, as its about £75 for the 3 litres needed to fill the tank.

Also bear in mind it is extremely high in urea and not good stuff to get on the skin for any amount of time.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..