Starting problems 307 SW HDI 110 pk

My car does not start when the temperatures are low, such as - 10 degrees. It's a 307 SW HDI 110 pk. Another 307 with the same engine starts without any problem The car starts, motor runs 1 second and is gone again. This happens untill an hour trying and trying. Then is sounds for a short time like running on 3 pits instead of normal 4. The service manager has no idea what to do to fix the problem!!

Can anyone help

Thanks,

Harm-Jan Wijnholt

Reply to
Harm-Jan Wijnholt

How about checking the glow plugs!!

Reply to
Nigel

It's starting- just for a second so forget the glow plugs. Apart from that the hdi doesn't actually require any heating from glow plugs at european temperatures. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

frozen diesel?

Reply to
bRkiX

I have the same problem last year, I adjust the valve clearances corretly, and now my car start quickly.

Bendy Poulsen

Email: snipped-for-privacy@aqualeak.dk

Reply to
Bendy Poulsen