307 milometer recall

I`ve 6 month 307 hdi which has a problem re milage recording.Booked it in for software update and I have been told by the servicing department staff that the milometer will be reset to zero. I haven`t heard that before. It is not a problem if it is as it is a lease car for which I have to contribute towards to the sum of £230 monthly. PS How common is it for the hdi110 to come with 90bhp sticker on the frame on drivers side ?.

Reply to
billy

"milometer will be reset to zero"

They might mean the servicing interval counter thingy

Just had mine done, and the spanner symbol has come on, on the led display (others have reported same), but the milage and trip recorder both look ok

90 v 110 um tricky one, which is right the label or the car - thats got to worth a call to Peugeot with the vin number - or do you know it to be a 110, i.e. Has it got the EPS switch, near hazard warning switch
Reply to
only_me

Mine is a 110 and has a 110 sticker. I rang Peugeot before I took delivery of my car to find out how I could check and was amazed that the sticker was the only way to tell. Mine has ESP but no switch to turn it off - the switch was not fitted by Peugeot for a year or so due to software problems (surprise surprise) I'd definitly get it checked to find out which engine it is.

Reply to
HDIdriver

Not sure is this unit is connected in the same way to the official PUG upgrade - must be similar surely.

Might be worth seeing what you've got plugged in there

fitting intructions link

Reply to
only_me

I believe the main difference is that the 110 has an intercooler whereas the 90 doesn't. Where that is or what it looks like is another matter, though I suspect it is well hidden. Does the ESP light come on when you start the car? If it is installed (which it should be if it is a 110) you should see the yellow light as you turn the key, in a similar way to the airbag light.

Reply to
HDIdriver

Reply to
billy

Hi,

AFAIK the 110 also has an electronically controlled variable geometry turbo.

--szapcsi--

Reply to
Szapcsi

Just the usual 307 'features' then. Let me know how you get on with the rattles. Mine has been in countless times now and they can't do anything else about the rattles.

Reply to
HDIdriver

Mines got a very annoying rattle which i can't find, like when i come to slow down 30mph downwards push the clutch in and let it freeroll on a slightly bumpy road and it sounds like something is gonna fall off underneath the car like plastic banging or something.i've had a look at the engine undertray but that seems ok as far as i can see anyway.

Reply to
Ady

Hi I don't think it has a variable geometry turbo. It has a bigger turbo, hence the poor performance at low revs. The new hdi 136 has a var' geo' turbo. Maybe wrong.

Reply to
billy