Peugeot 206 diesel estate 03 reg advice please

As per subject, been looking at this car. Very tidy, only 15k and with manufacturers warr until april 2006.

I don't know anything about Peugeot, especially the diesels. Anything I should be aware of, like they are crap ( hope not, I like the car and swmbo does). I only saw it today and have not driven it yet.

They want £7995 for it, garage not private.

So help people please, your thoughts etc.

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

It's 6 months off being 3 years old. Well, 8 months by the looks of it. Way too much to pay considering that you need to give a car a decent chance for things to go wrong within warranty. Unless you're planning on doing about 60k in that time, then forget it, unless it's a *lot* cheaper or there's a decent extended warranty chucked in.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I have an 2003 206 DTurbo 2.0 SW (estate) I love it.

Mine has covered almost 4 times the mileage of that one and has only suffered one intermittent electrical fault where all the dash lights would flash together and the speedo etc would read zero, and then it would all flick back to normal. The garage tightened the main earth connection and downloaded a software update. Seems okay since.

It's hard to value it without knowing the exact engine (1.4Hdi or 2.0 Hdi) and trim level. A Dturbo 2.0 will obviously attract more money than a 1.4XL.

This is our fifth Peugeot. We had a 307 2.0 petrol SW which had severe engine management faults and eventually was pulled off lease by the company and replaced. The others have all been good cars. The 306 1.9 Dturbo estate covered 93,000 miles in just over three years and cost me almost nothing apart from routine servicing. The major 36,000 mile service on the 206 cost £200 at the main dealer, the 12 and 24 cost just over £100. Make sure "yours" has had its' 12,000 mile/2 year service.

I get 55 mpg from mine in motorway and A route use, but I'm not a nutter. Tyre wear seemed high, with fronts lasting just over 20,000 and rears 25,000 although I do travel with a fully loaded boot, I tow with it, and that was with Continental Premium Contact tyres which seem to be very soft. The replacement BF Goodrich tyres are lasting much better.

Reply to
Doctor D

Its a 2.0l HDi

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

XT trim or Dturbo trim? Dturbo has alloys, different grill and looks like the XS.

Reply to
Doctor D

Knew you would ask that, I may take a trip out there today.

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

LOL !

Parkers values the DTurbo at 8875 main dealer, 8670 independent and the XT Hdi 2.0 at 7665 or 7490.

What Car values the DTurbo at 9515 main dealer, 8486 independent and the XT at 8387 or 7444.

Whereas, a look at Autotrader indicates that an asking price of 7500 upwards is about average for the Dturbo, less for the XT. They're not really common, but there's also no shortage of them - haggle hard and see if they will offer another 12 months warranty after the current one has expired, 24000 service for free, that sort of thing!

Reply to
Doctor D

Thanks for the info.

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

"Doctor D" wrote in news:42f082a6$0$3489$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net:

Yes, those valuations seem to vary quite a bit. Made it very difficult to decide a price for selling my car.

Reply to
Stu

In news: snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net, dave stanton scribed:

My 206SW 1.4 HDI 52 reg done 84k so far with correct service intervals and had no trouble at all apart from one dipped headlamp lamp out and a footprint in the offside wing where some moron decided to stand on it as a short cut in a car park Enjoy this motor though it is a working car

Reply to
Jimbo