307 hdi 120 Droning at 1000rpm and "Clicking" Switches!?

Hi,

I have a 54 plate 307 which has suddenly started to resonate around

1000rpm, I have also just noticed the switche(s) on top of the inlet pipes are switching rapidly in an irregular manner if I rev the engine. The engine has always run quite hot with the fan engaging for long periods but I think this is normal. I have also just noticed it is slightly down on tickover revs and its a bit "lumpy" (sorry for all these technical terms!).

I am about to have a look at the flexible section of the exhaust to search for leaks before having to take it to my pug agent for a £60 diagnostic check! Any other advice before I spend my money?

Is it worth getting a readout sensor/Software to identify the problem, if so any advice on a good company/product?

Thanks for your time

Reply to
Peter Hemmings