307 rear door problems

I have problems with the rear door (hatch) on my 5drs P307. Most of the time it won't open using the handle (then I have to open it using that small hole in the interior), but sometimes it opens ok. I can't really pinpoint what it depends on, but I have a feeling that it's some kind of electronical problem. I had the handle replaced while under warranty, but it still malfunctions, so i guess it's not a mechanical issue. It's very unpredictable and frustrating. Did anyone have similar problems? Possible solutions?

Thanks in advance, A

Probably pointless saying this because you're bound to know, but just in case... nothing to do with the door locking itself is it? Opening the driver's door unlocks it. You must know this though.

Androo

:-) unfortunately it's completely unpredictable, doesn't react to locking/unlocking at all. i've tried all possible combinations of opened/closed doors, locking/unlocking, remote/handle, screaming/praying hehehe nothing works. it has a mind of it's own it seems. thanks for the comment though

ps. actually after a few months of this and similar problems, i gave up and bought a honda accord and gave the 307 to my father :-) but i still want to help him not to go insane if possible with this car

A friend of mine's 307 did *exactly* the same. Dealer sorted it under warranty.

Are the door-catches electronic then ?

Reply to
Nom

hm.... could you possibly ask him whether he knows what they did to repair it?

thanks a

He wouldn't know - he's an elderely relative. He'll have just dropped it off, said "Fix this" and collected it later :)

Reply to
Nom

I have the same problem on my 2003 307 (3dr)

I think its more mechanical though, as I can hear the solenoid click when I try and open it as normal.

The door is VERY difficult to open (you have to push inwards before operating the release) Also there is no adjustment on the striker plate (I looked) So this will be into the garage to fix, once they get the CD changer which Ive been waiting for for nearly 6 weeks!!

John.

Reply to
John & Frank

Gents I have had a similar problem with the rear locks on my 406 with dead locks. The problem is with the locks they are almost totally made of plastic and contain 2 motors and one set of contacts. You cannot take them apart as the are stuck together. The motors drive the locks on and off and the contacts are used to signal that the doors are shut properly. The problem is due to wear in the plastic parts of the locks. I have had one lock replaced at a cost of £70 to pass an MOT. I have however found a solution to the intermittent operation. Don't use the deadlock function on the keyfob and use a good quality steering lock on the wheel. I have not had any problem with this approach in the last two years.

Reply to
MICHAEL ROCHE

HELP - I have the same problem with rear passenger door. One of you mention using 'that small hole in the interior' - can you explain what you mean as I cannot get my door open - Thanks

Reply to
Pieman2008

That small hole is on the tailgate lock only. To get the rear side doors open, pull off the outer window scraper seal and let it hang out of the way (it's attached to the vertical runner seal). Then look down the gap and operate the outer handle and you'll be able to see the part of the lock that needs moving. (You may need a penlight to see clearly.) This should work!! BUT I have had to break the lock with a long screwdriver and a hammer either through the gap or by removing the inner door trim which you can just about do with the door closed!

Good luck!

Reply to
Nigel

Reply to