Wet grip tyre choice

After narrowly avoiding an accident (thank god for ABS!), iv now decided to replace my michelin energy's with something that actually grips in the wet.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Reply to
JC

i like pirellis but they do wear a bit quick on the front

Reply to
Mindwipe

Reply to
Johny H

engelbert

JC in news:mC6Hd.5$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-win.ntli.net, typed something a little like this (allegedly):

Goodyear Eagle F1's. Had them on my 206 GTi (standard with car) and they were excellent in the wet (crap in the snow though!!) (wear wise - 14000 miles and still a bit left). Have Pirelli's on at the mo (standard with car) and as said above they wear quickly on the front (wear wise - 11000 and getting close)

Reply to
Terrytubby

Uniroyal Rallye 550s are very good

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

tried pirelli p6000 & goodyear eagle f1 pirelli - cheap, wear quickly, 12k on turbo diesel driven hard, superb wet and dry grip goodyear - more expensive, better mileage, superb grip. personally i'd go for either.

SimonDS

I got 4* Continental EcoConti's from KwikRip - Cost me £180 for 4 195/65/15

I thought they would be crap, but there fantastic.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

pirelli 195/50/16 £50 a corner locally (rotherham)

Reply to
SimonDS

in news:mC6Hd.5$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-win.ntli.net, "JC" slurred :

I've found Uniroyal are generally very good in the wet*, and I've never lost traction on them in the dry. Pirelli also were o.k, but seemed to wear quite quickly.

*as in; they grip quite well, but when they let go, they seem to do it quite progressively. I had some Toyos on previously which also gripped o.k., but were much twictchier when pushing on in the wet.
Reply to
Albert T Cone

Thats pretty strange - what sizing? I've heard of many people using toyos who say they are progressive in the wet. I'm wondering if sizings make as much difference as tyre type. I know my rainsports are very much gripppppppp-SLIP on-off in the wet but my federals are equally grippy but more progressively slippy.

Coyoteboy