[307] Window sensors.

I was wondering if anyone experienced the window sensors going a little bit funny.

I have experienced problems with both the wipers and the lights. The lights stay on when it is day light and the only time the lights goes off is when the sun directly hits the sensor (morning time). The wipers sometimes are at a very slow pace during hard rain and at little rain, the wipers are at rapid pace.

Just can't win.

Any suggestions?

Kindest regards

Reply to
LDL

Have had multiple trips back to the agent with lights that come on in the dark after the car is put away for the night in the garage. To the extent the battery is flat in the morning.

Resetting the CPU and reloading the programme don't seem to help for long Has been abt. 10 days this time, so here's hoping.

No trouble w the wipers, but. :-)

Cheers, Murray

Reply to
mkelly

LDL once wrote in ...

Hmmm. I've got an '02 206GTi with exactly the same problems. It's just about to get its second COM2000. Maybe that will fix it.

Reply to
David Morris

I gave up with the automatic headlights. I found the sensor was just too sensitive.

The most annoying thing I found was that the lights would come on if you drove under any kind of bridge, even if you were in the shadow for only a second or two. I switched off the auto setting after I had had a few people flash at me because they thought I was flashing at them!

If only they had added a little bit of hysteresis to the sensor algorithm e.g. only turn the lights on if the sensor had been in the dark for >5secs, or if the average luminosity over a 10sec period was low enough to require the lights on...

I also find the wipers to have a mind of their own :-) Sometimes the auto setting is excellent and they work at just the right pace to keep the window clear. Other times they go into overdrive when only a few spits of rain have hit the windscreen! I haven't managed to figure out why they are so erratic. For a few weeks earlier this year I cleaned the windscreen sensor area every morning before going to work to see if it made any difference and guess what, it didn't have any affect at all!

Reply to
David Dix

Reply to
Yuting Wan

You cannot switch off the lights during driving and turning off and on the car does put a strain on the starter for a while.

I will take it back to the dealer and pres a little hard on them to "get it right"

The wipers you cannot do really anything about that.

Kindest regards

Reply to
LDL

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:57:47 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named "David Dix" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

I've just bought a 307 after having a 306 for three years. The auto lights are new to me, but I had the auto wipers on the old car.

The wipers seem to be driven by the number of raindrops, rather than their size, so fine drizzle will get the wipers operating a lot more than one would do manually, whereas a heavy shower with large droplets causes the wipers to operate intermittently when one would have them working continuously.

The auto lights seem to be working as they should in bright or dark conditions (they turn themselves on as I drive into a poorly lit multi-storey car park for instance), but there have been occasions over the last couple of weeks where it was a dull morning but the lights didn't operate, and another where the early morning sun was quite bright, but the headlights came on. I don't know if the optical sensor is cleared by the sweep of the wipers, so it might have been dew on the screen that led to it thinking it was darker than it really was.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula