406 HDi - Wipers

Hi

I knew I shouldn't have put the post about my wheels earlier - cursed something else now!.

I was driving in the rain this morning with wipers on continuous and without warning the wipers stopped - no matter what I did on the stalk nothing happened. The rear wiper still functioned, as did the windscreen washers (i.e. it put water on the screen but wipers didnt move).

I turned off the engine and they began working again.

About 30 minutes later the same thing happened again.

I have noticed that when they fail, they always stop in their 'home' position.

Could this be the automatic rain sensor causing an issue? Although it wasn't in use at the time.....

Open to suggestions, TIA Oli

Reply to
Oli