307cc - 6 months old and falling apart.

Hello,

We purchased our 307cc 2.0 petrol October 2006, Brand New.

A quick heads up for those considering this car, we have had the following issues to date:

- Anti Roll Links needed replacing. When this section broke it sounded as if a cricket ball was clanging around in a metal tin unter the car. 3 days without car as a result of garage time.

- Left boot light and left rear lights decide randomly to stop working. They sometimes take shots each, and others they stop working together. There are odd occassions where both work fine.

- About a month ago, our roof mechanism decided it was hungry and therefore proceeded to eat the interior shell of the boot. It destroyed the entire back casing which keeps the roof mechanics out of view / harm. About half way throught its lunch, the roof decied it had eaten enough and wanted a sleep - the bugger refused to budge, we ended u prequiring AA roadside assistance to close the lid.

- Our gearstick wobbles like hell in any gear now, and when in 1st or reverse, we often have to re-engage the gear and clutch as the first time you go into the gear it often fails. I think both the gears and clutch are screwed.

- We have a constant "Oil Level Warning" each time we switch the engine on, even though our Oil levels are fine.

- The headlights are next to useless at nighttime, I really have to use the maximum beam and foglights unless I am happy with a 1.5 to 2 metre view of the road ahead (TOTAL).

- The roof has leaked and all window seals needed replaced, needing 4 days back with Peugeot to sort.

- The electric window controls stopped working, required a mechanic to fix.

- Chairs have come of runners, again requiring a mechanic to fix.

- The handbrake already travels the full distance.

- It goes through an absolute alarming amount of petrol. I think averages around 27 miles to the gallon.

Man there are others, some not mechanical, such as the 2 month delay in delivery of our new car.

We do love the car having said all that. It looks good, seems to drive well, is extremely comfortable, and the roof is a real cool feature on the hot days...not sure if its worth the pain though.

Any other CC owners out there torn between a love for their car and a hatred for the constant mechanical attention it needs?

Gary and Claire. (PS - My new Lotus Elise 111r was delivered to the showroom yesterday, these problems may suddenly be insignifified (dodgy word, copyright Gary W)!

Reply to
GW

Oh and one other thing, if any car needs a 6th gear, this is it! Sits at

4,000 revs when attempting to cruise in fifth doing 70. it's a loud 4,000 revs too.

G.

Reply to
GW

I take it Peugeot are doing the repairs under warranty.

4,000 rpm at 70mph in 5th sounds to me to be high revs for that speed. Not as if a 2.0L is a small under powered engine. GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

I will bring this up with them too, and yes all under warrenty but a pain none the less.

G.

Reply to
GW

You mention a problem with the gear change, sounds to me that you are not actually engaging 5th, more like 3rd. Certainly 4000rpm at 70 isn't right. For comparison, my 307 HDi DTurbo 110 revs at just over 2000rpm at 70mph in

5th.
Reply to
Godfrey Wilkes

There is still a huge difference between 3rd and 5th at 70 - for example if I am overtaking I might drop it into third and reach 70 - at a rev I estimate of 5,500 to 6,000.

The only thing I can think is the car struggles more due to it's insane weight.

Regardless its going back and I will get them to come out in with me for a test.

G.

Reply to
GW

You should have rejected the car as totally unsatisfactory under the sale of goods act (assuming you are in the UK).

Reply to
Brian

Yup in the UK - however the majority of the problems have just started to happen.

Gary.

Reply to
GW

Woohoo!

Now the boot button on the boot lid fails to work :)

When will it end!

Gary.

Reply to
GW

I had a 206cc and this was loud at cruising speed but thankfully mine over

4 years was trouble free, only needing the boot struts changing (under warranty). You must have been really frustrated!

I changed the H7 main and dipped bulbs for Philips Vision 50% Plus and the difference was amazing.

I now have a THP 150 207cc which is still quite high revs when cruising but thankfully the engine seems lightyears ahead (it's the one developed in conjunction with BMW for the Mini) and is very quiet, and returns around

32mpg at 70-80. The headlight system seems to be a lot better and I've not felt the need to change the bulbs yet. D
Reply to
DaveP

Door locks,not working bonnet not staying closed. the list can go on and on and on.

Reply to
Chrs

Response from Pug head office:

************************************ Hello

MODEL: New 307 REG NO: XXXXXX V.I.N.: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your correspondence. I was sorry to read of your issues with your Peugeot 307.

I have spoken with your dealer, specifically the service department there, and I understand you have taken the vehicle in this week and they have carried out work to rectify the issues pointed out by yourself with your vehicle.

Although we make every effort to ensure the quality and reliability of our products, I'm sure you can appreciate, that it is not possible for any manufacturer, to guarantee that a problem will never arise.

As with all mechanical products, motor vehicles can become subject to unscheduled repairs from time to time, and it is unfortunate that in this instance that has been the case.

However it is for this reason we provide a comprehensive manufacturers warranty, and I understand that your local Peugeot dealership has repaired the car promptly according to the terms and conditions of this warranty.

If however you are unhappy with the resolution that has been provide to you please contact me again, preferably with a contact telephone number and I would be more than happy to discuss the matter further.

Yours sincerely

Marcus Randall Customer Care Manager

************************************
Reply to
GW

And my response....

Hi,

We love the car and are very happy with the car. We are just unhappy with the reliability of said car. It's not the end of the world, come the time when our warranty ends (we are selling around that point), we know to seriously consider whether we buy another Peugeot or not. Competition for the 307CC has been stepped up a gear with the release of the Ford Focus CC - and having owned a Focus previous to the 307 for a few years, We know they are reliable.

All in, I am glad we purchased a Peugeot - but will probably not do so again.

Regards,

Gary.

Reply to
GW

Yes, that's the standard form reply. They were still trotting that out to me after my car had been in repairs a couple of dozen times, with months spent at the dealers (over three months in the last year of ownership). Apparently I was being unreasonable in expecting the car to ever work as advertised. I would hate to own a modern Pug that is out of warranty...

Peugeot UK are worse than their dealers; they are masters at fobbing you off and clearly have no idea about customer care (let alone how to build a car - which is a shame as their cars of the 90s were great).

Matt

Matthew Haigh