406 clarion radio pu1633a

I have recently bought a second hand stereo for my 406 HDi reg. 2000. The guy told me it would need to be reprogrammed to my car as it doesn't have a code system. I tried to fit it anyway just to see if it would work. And no lights at all. Should it at least light up or does the reprogramming switch it on. Also any idea what the cost is and is there any other way to get the thing to work.

Hope someone can help.

Reply to
kluber