406 Clutch

Can anybody give me a rough guess on what to pay for a clutch replacement on a 'R' reg 1997 406 2.1TD ?

Before I go looking for quotes I wanted a guide, thats all.

Andy

Reply to
dreadly

Clutch for a 306DT (perhaps same clutch ? ) is =C2=A3235 at local garage -= =20 more than =C2=A3350 at main dealer.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

Be more than that for the 2.1TD, maybe another £50?

Reply to
nigel

I missed the 2.1 bit. Apologies.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

I recently had a new cluth fitted to my 2.1 TD whilst the engine was out for a major job. The Peugeot main dealer charged me £170 for a 'Clutch Kit'. I think that was for the thrust bearing as well. As the engine was already out they charged 1 hours labour. (£65 +vat). A previous quote with the engine in situ was £600 incl. parts

Reply to
Adrian