406 Coupe 210

Hi,

before starting the engine I can hear a very soft continuous warning signal, which vanishes after a short while.

No signal lamp or other abnormal display is shown.

Any idea?

TIA Joachim Engel.

Reply to
Joachim Engel

Fuel-pump?

It's normal. Building up pressure for the injection.

Bye

Norman

Reply to
Norman Anthes

Hi Norman,

sorry, I was wrong. It is short after starting, when the engine has idle speed.

May be. It's like "meep-meep ... meep-meep ...".

Probably I don't have to worry, if there is no audible warning signal without any visual display. :-)

Kind regards Joachim Engel.

Reply to
Joachim Engel

"Joachim Engel" wrote

The climate control makes that kind of noise - I think it's the servo motors adjusting things to suit whatever setting you have selected.

Reply to
Rory

Anti-lock-brakes (ABS) pump maybe? It makes some funny noise on my parents car.

The fuel-pump sound appears definitely before starting the engine. It's a continous humming. 'Meep-meep' sounds more like servo motors as posted in the other reply.

Bye

Norman

Reply to
Norman Anthes

Thanks for your suggestions

I will watch this with different settings.

Kind regards Joachim Engel

Reply to
Joachim Engel