406 high temp ?

Model june 1996 1.8i 16V petrol. Temp mostly around 85-90 degrees C, with occasional peak to 95C. Is this normal/acceptable ?

Thanks in advance,

David.

Reply to
In Dreams I Walk With you
"

I thought I had a problem. Had it thoroughly checked but everything kicked in. So yes it does run high. Last summer nearly hit100C. Just had it flushed and refilled and it still runs high.

Reply to
John Hollinshead

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

John / Mark,

Thanks very much for the replies. Very helpful indeed. Btw after having driven a while and parking the car with the engine still running, the temp goes up a bit, which is normal I suppose. But I don't hear any fans come on the lower the temp. Does the engine have a fan anyway ?

Thanks again,

David.

Reply to
In Dreams I Walk With you

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

Ok, thanks again for the info.

Regards,

David.

Reply to
In Dreams I Walk With you

Bear in mind that it is an aluminium engine and will initially go hotter !!! (Don't know the physics behind that.) Also electric fans no longer "after run" once the engine is isolated ie switched off. They used to set the car alarms off!

Reply to
John Hollinshead

Ok, thanks for that titbit of information. Interesting !

Regards,

David.

Reply to
In Dreams I Walk With you