406 hdi 90 non starter

Hi Can any one shed some light on this one, car will not start off the key will only start when easy start sprayed in, runs fine then will cut out when pushed hard and at same time message comes up air pollution fault, only way to get it running again is use east start, so far we have put new pump in tank, new crank sensor also no faults on snap on scan tool plus we have ecu checked, also noted was infrequent pulse at injectors when cranking. regards jim34

Reply to
jim34

Possible air leak into fuel system. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Sounds like a possible high pressure pump problem.This system needs to see a minimum of 120 bars to start. By spraying easy -start in ,it sounds like the vehicle is running off it to bring it to the min threshold.hope this helps mark

Reply to
MARK B peugeot m.t. via CarKB.com