406 hdi keyfob

I have a year 2000 406 hdi 110.

Looking to purchase a spare key off ebay but am unsure how to tell whether it is an RF or IR one.

Key has two buttons - the large one locks/unlocks and the small one deadlocks... no alarm installed.

Also has a red LED light..

If it is an RF remote, can i program it myself or is it a dealer job?

Thanks in advance

Rob J

***
Reply to
Rob Jones

Try

Alec

Reply to
Alec

cheers mate

***
Reply to
Rob Jones

I still cant work out if IR or RF though

***
Reply to
Rob Jones

Almost certainly an RF one. IR will have a clear LED at end of the fob where the key starts.

Mail me off list - I have one surplus to requirements.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

It's RF - only earlier 90s Pugs used the old IR system.

Reply to
Nom

Yes, established off-list that he has an RF key.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

Not entirely true. My wife's '98 306 has IR.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

It appears to be after 1999 they changed to RF.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

That's an earlier 90s Pug, by my rekoning :)

Reply to
Nom