406 HDI speeding alarm

When you get to 78mph and over there is an annoying bleeping from behind the dash and I would like to turn it off or raise the speed setting. It's a nice idea - and very effective with nagging kids! I have heard that it's a engine management reprogramming job (£25 dealer cost) but someone might have another fix? Car is 1999 LX estate 7 seat version. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
SCRIBBLER

the dash and I would like to turn it off or raise the speed setting. It's a nice idea - and very effective with nagging kids! I have heard that it's a engine management reprogramming job (£25 dealer cost) but someone might have another fix? Car is 1999 LX estate 7 seat version. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Mindwipe