Peugeot 406 CD Changer

I've got a factory fitted Clarion CD changer in the back of my 1999 (old shape) 406 estate. It packed in when the airbag warning light began flashing about a year ago. I know about the well known problem of the flashing airbag light...the wires under the seat etc.

Is the CD changer linked in some way to the airbag electrics? I ask this because last month the airbag warning light went out briefly and the CD worked! Then it went back to its old self the temperamental bar steward. The dogital display on the stereo comes up with 'cd error' and beeps at me if I try and put it on. Is it expensive to fix? If it's a hundred quids worth I don't mind. If it's a huge job I'll live with it.

I did ask a bloke at my local Peugeot dealer about the flashing airbag light. He advised me to stick some black tape on that part of the dashboard (his lobotomy scar was healing nicely).

Reply to
Seafarer