406 help

Hi. is there a simple way to check if Turbo is working on a 406 LXDT?

TIA

Reply to
Madrigo Padrigo

On my 405 TD I can hear it spinning up and down with the radio off. If its spinning its probably working. Mine comes in about 2000 rpm and there is a noticeable performance change once it's kicked in - if you dont see and step in performance then that's a good indication somethings wrong. Also try and v max the car (hold onto your license firmly) if it can't do easily over 100mph then you're down on power a lot - could be turbo.

Hope this helps IanR

Reply to
405 TD Estate

Thanks for your time.