206 HDi Style 3-door: Rear Side windows

When I tap the read side windows of my 1.4 206 Style 3-door, it makes the same sound as when tapping cheap glass. I suspect it is not safety glass that you have in the front side windows.

What type of glass do you have in your 206 HDi?

I'm wondering if this is just how the car comes, or if it has been repaired on the cheap.

Reply to
SteveDom

Take it to a car window shop and ask them, there are loads around, post the area you live and I'm sure somebody could point you to somewhere. i.e. autoglass.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

It would have to be safety glass to pass the MOT......the reason it sounds different is that it's only sealed on the inside with the window closed as opposed to the rest of your windows being sealed on both sides.

Try tapping it again with window open, you'll probably find it sounds even worse. I really wouldn't worry.

Reply to
Nick (UK)

I haven't looked closely at a 206, but all the Peugeots I have had in the last 45 years have had a maker's mark on every bit of window glass (in one of the bottom corners). If they are there, stop worrying.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson