406 radiator fan runs on

HI

1999 406 2.0

Radiator fan ran on after car turned off. Battery ran flat. I had to disconnect battery every time i parked. did a 50 mile run, didn't help. Engine temp didn't go above 90 on the dash guage. A bit of fiddling about, squashed a few hoses to maybe move an air bubble, removed a couple of leaves.

Now seems ok.

Should i be looking for a thermostat, if so, where is it. Would alot of rain & puddles mabe cause a short in a sensor somwhere ?

maybe someone could help.

Reply to
Juper Wort

MICHAEL ROCHE

Thanks Will take a look Knowing that most of the puddles are in the gutter side of the road & beyond, I suppose its possible that water may have got in that side & messed about ?

JW

Reply to
Juper Wort

Reply to
s.parcel

But it isn't normal is it? The fan ran on and flattened the battery is what the post said.

Reply to
Malc