92 XJ WONT START/TURN OVER--ALARM TRIGGERED W/ NO REMOTE? BAD RELAY?

I Have a 92 jeep cherokee 4.0 AT with alot of miles on it. 187k+

it has electrical issues Some history on the south florida cherokee. A couple weeks ago, i took it off road, or just thru a few big mud puddles. the starter must have gotten wet, because the transmission was chattering when i hit the gas. it stopped chattering on acceleration after it dried out. Water possibly DAMAGED the starter SELENOID?? It ran fine for two weeks, I notice my dash lights went out(keeps blowing instrument fuse if key is removed with headlights on-also strange is the headlights wont turn off unless key is in ON position ) STARTER/IGNITION ISSUE it seems like sometimes you have to kick the key into the on position a second time to engage the starter, then it turns somewhat slowly.

so i stop the motor, check the lights, and after changing the fuse for the 10th time, the jeep WONT START/SPIN.

STARTER KILL NO REMOTE CAME WITH CAR

do i need to bypass the STARTER KILL from ALARM?? if so...HOW the valet switch is FAULTY

i checked fuses switched around the relays under the hood

no start. after a couple hours of persperation and determination, i decided to call for a ride. then it mysteriously started.

ALARM ISSUES i can hold the key in the ON position for a while, then the it kicks the door locks, and the light near the shifter flashed a weak red light. i tryed to take out the black box, and plug the harness into eachother, bypassing the black box with the velcro on it. I tried to unplug the shock sensor, i tried to cross the wires on the valet switch since it was broken down at the base of the switch. i dont know why it started back up.

PARKING ENFORCEMENT ISSUES NOW I MOVE IT INTO A SPOT AND IT STOPPED AGAIN, I WENT OUT OF TOWN, PLANNING TO FIX IT WHEN I GOT BACK, THEN I UNLOCKED THE CAR WITH THE KEY EXPECTING IT NOT TO START, BUT GAVE A SHOT AND IT FIRED RIGHT UP. IT WAS FINE UNTILL IT WAS BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT IT LOOKS STOLEN WITH THE ALARM HANGING OUT OF THE DASH, SO I PUSH THE SHOCK SENSOR UP INTO THE DASH BEFORE DISMANTLING IT, AND THEN ITS STUCK ON A METERED SPOT.

ISSUES ORIGINALLY purchased because the guy thought his friend siezed the motor by ignoring the leaking REAR MAIN SEAL on his drive from ORLANDO TO KEY WEST. So i purchased it for 250 bucks, threw some oil in it, gave it a jump and it started after sitting for a week.

Maybe it was doing the same thing, somehow the shock sensor triggered the STARTER KILL?? I dont know.

I do know i have to move this thing fast, and the sooner the better.

It seems like it has enough power to start, it seemed that way even when i went to jump start it. kind of weak, but it always worked.

i tried to use a screw driver to kick the starter, but it just made some weak sparks.

i tried to leave the battery disconnected, hoping it would reset the alarm, but i dont know what kind of alarm it is, it doesnt have a manufacturer on it. i tried to disconnect it, but then the harness has nothing to plug into. some of it obviously isnt factory wires, the little auxillary plugs i disconnected, but i reconnected them. i. i found an electronic shock sensor & DISMANTLED IT.

i know why the guy sold it so cheap he was having to spend money on tickets and tow trucks, which i am over

500 dollars on impound fees and tickets. plates were 225 and i only paid 250 for it. after changing the thermostat, serpentine belt and some hoses to defeat the overheating, i still havent even had a chance to fix the rear main seal, which i carry next to my gallon of 20w/50.

so there you have it. If you know about alarms or ignitions or how to fix a jeep which otherwise runs great, i would really appreciate the help.

I just want to get it running, get it fixed, and hopefully sell it for a fair price and simply cut my losses. Or drive it since it has a top and doors on it, unlike my CJ7.

Reply to
OldARMYJEEP