406 rear lexus lights

hi all need some help trying to get some rear lexus lights for my 406 but the thing is all i can find is phase 1 phase 2 mk1 mk2 but im not sure what the hell mine is i have a 406 face lift 2001 on a y plate any ideas thanks all

Reply to
daveyboy_1982

Why on earth do you wish to to fit Toyota lights to the back of your Peugeot? Is there a problem with your back lights? Or is it some strange fashion statement? A bit like writing in all lower case without any punctuation? If they put me in mind of anything, it's those cheap PIFCO torches you always got at xmas. OK you're right, I'm just too old for this scene.. bring back the three gear column change and bench front seats.

Reply to
djimbo

Now your talking. Bench seat and column change like my old 1964 Vauxhall Victor FB, talk about armchair driving. Prior to that of course, we had trafficators that popped out to tell people when you intended to turn, not these modern flashy things. And I also used to like having the little square threaded peg on the steering box that allowed you to take up the slack when it started to wear. Nearly forgot, bet none of these youngsters would know a grease nipple (or gun) if they saw it. ;o)

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

And if you told that to the youngsters of today they would never believe you. Bring back starting handles thats what I say.

Dave G

Keith Willcocks wrote:

Reply to
Dave G via CarKB.com

They were the easiest way to get the car up on the ramps when you couldn't use the engine - third gear and wind it up. Can't do that nowadays.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Yes u can, use a socket on the bottom pully bolt. and wind it up .(i would if i had to it would be good fun to watch some one to do..

Reply to
Chrs

That's a workaround but the starting handle was easier and the pulley bolt on some cars is highly inaccessible.

There is an old story about a Rolls Royce salesman years ago who was showing the latest model to a prospective customer. The customer saw the starting handle in clips under the boot lid and asked what it was. The salesman said, "Ah, that sir is the starting handle. It is intended to allow the engine to be started when the battery fails". "Really", said the customer, "I thought you told me that Rolls Royce cars never break down?". "Well sir", replies the salesman smoothly, "let me put it this way. You have two nipples on your chest. They are there in case you should ever give birth to a baby. You are more likely to make use of those than the starting handle on a Rolls Royce".

Reply to
Keith Willcocks