406 wiper

The windscreen wiper on my 406 isnt working very well. I've replaced the blade but looking at the problem, it seems the wiperarm isnt pushing the blade onto the windscreen. Is there a spring in the arm that can be replaced or will I end up having to replace the whole motor and arm?

Reply to
Wibble

Before spending money try bending the arm to increase the pressure (old fashioned cheap remedy that usually works).

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Yes - the wipers on my 406 were very noisy and the cure was to twist the arms with two spanners so that the blades were are the correct ange. Only a few degrees difference but the difference in the noise level!

Reply to
Ken

Excellent advice, this happens on most cars. The blades seem to take a "set" whilst parked especially during a long dry spell and don't flip properly as they move across the screen. This causes the bit in contact with the screen to be pushed rather than pulled across causing the whole arm to judder and also fail to clear the screen properly. It is less likely to happen with a brand new blade as it will be more flexible.

Reply to
Robin Bendall