307 wiper noise

I replaced the wipers on my 307 at the beginning of the year with Halfords' own brand. Initially there were no problems but as time has gone on, they have begun to make a lot of noise. It's as though they are dragging on the glass, even in very wet weather.

I've not adjusted the tension of the wipers on the screen or anything like that and never had this sort of problem before on any car that I've previously owned (Peugeot or otherwise). The blades look in good condition still.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Raymond

Reply to
Raymond Dalgleish

Hello I have had exactly the same problem, replaced last set with Peugeot`s own brand they lasted about 18months before squealing again. It seems as if the rubber hardens and does not flex when they change direction. I have been informed the blades sold by Bosch last longer and will be trying them next time. Unless someone knows better.

Reply to
chris

hi, dont bother with halfrauds own brands i'd go for bosch blades every time. halfrauds blades are made by the lowest bidder so materials may be a bit suspect.

Reply to
chunkybear via CarKB.com

hi, dont bother with halfrauds own brands i'd go for bosch blades every time.

and make sure the arms are parallel to the glass. They can get become angled so that the wiper blades judder instead of flopping over as they change direction. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

I had this problem on my 406 and the fix was to twist the wiper arm - two shifters did the trick. The problem was that on one stroke the blade did not flop so that it dragged. Instead it presented at an angle so that it juddered. Normal operation of any wiper has the blade dragging silently on each stroke - the blade is designed to flop over at the start of each stroke. Apparently there are some wiper arms around which have a slight twist which causes the problem - silent one way and very very noisy on the return.

Reply to
Ken

"Ken" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

I have this noisy wipers rubbers with my Peugeot Partner too. The car is new and the wipers are original.

Reply to
Linea Recta

Go Bosch every time.

Reply to