'97 406 wiper blade fitting

Eh, mebbe I am being extremely dense here, but I can't work out how to replace the wiper blades on my car. Can't get the wiper arms far enough off the screen, can anyone tell me how to do this please? Ainslie

Reply to
Ainslie Thomson

'tis the very devil.

I resorted, on the driver's side, to loosening the nut attaching the wiper arm to the motor, taking the whole arm off and replacing the blade that way.

On the passenger side, I discovered that simply pushing the blade towards the middle line of the car popped it out of the bracket, where a new one could be fiddled on with much jiggery pokery.

Bloody stupid design, if you ask me.

John

Reply to
John Duffey

Aye, I finally managed it after much fiddling and cursing.

Ainslie

Reply to
Ainslie Thomson

When you've done a few hundred like me, it's quite easy!! ;-)

Reply to
nigel

Reply to
Michael Roche