406HDI -Economy mode?

406 2.0 HDI Estate, 52 plate, showed 'Economy Mode' on the display. Don't know what triggered it. Referred to handbook and the relevant page is among a section of those that are missing. So what is 'Economy Mode'?

Car works OK but I'm curious!

Reply to
Dragon

Which display? I think there was a thread about it down below somehwere. Here we are

If it's the air con display then it means your air con is off i.e. not automatic mode or constant aircon on mode.

Reply to
malc

Thanks Malc, It's the main display panel I think the thread explains it. I'll have a play in the morning.

Henry (Dragon)

Reply to
Dragon

Posted same message few weeks ago. Turns out that economy mode is activated if you leave doors open or radio on after a set time. It means a lot of the electrics are disabled to stop battery drain. Don't worry, it resorts to normal mode as soon as you fire up the engine (but not by just priming the egnition at the second click) Regards phil

Reply to
Philip Western

Hi there, I have a 51 plate 406 and this happens when the engine is switched off and the radio is left on for more than 30 minutes. I assume that it is designed that way to prevent the battery from going flat. If you start the engine again all is wel

"Dragon" wrote

Reply to
riherrin

Thanks to all who replied. Haven't managed to be patient enough to wait 30 mins to see it again for myself! Guess I must have done once though.

Henry

Reply to
Dragon