407 d air conditioning fault

Gas pressure ok, but no volts at the compressor. Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
ib

Check your fuse box?? or cable into the unit.sounds like there is a break in the cable feed to the compressor. chris Addlestone Surrey

Reply to
Chris

Thanks, I'll check that

Reply to
ib

I always assumed there was a gas pressure switch somewhere, knowing pugs it may well be that. Make sure there's ENOUGH gas in, my friendly neigbourhood aircon engineer assured me mine had gas in, but a re-gas by a proper automotive centre that knows their shit, got it going again.

djimbo.

Reply to
djimbo

Hi,

Exactly. AFAIK, there's a "window" switch, which doesn't allow the compressor to start if there is too low OR too high gas pressure in the system, so it just works when the pressure is within the "window's" range.

Regards, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Thanks, I checked that, the contacts are closed, there's another set of contacts which activates higher fan speed when the pressure gets highish. Shorted all (with a low value resistor to avoid any inadvertant damage) but nothing made the compressor clutch click in.

Reply to
ib