a strange one, 306 d

Hi Again this 306 turbo of mine has a little problem someone may be able to help with......on the motorway, if I put my foot down the car pulls away sluggishly, but if I lift my foot off and then slowly put my foot down a little at a time its like a rocket, push a little harder and it sort of just hangs for a while..bit weird and hard to put into words...

Well here's hoping people

Oh and have a great wonderful new year

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon

Might need a cleaner to go though the system. try one out i putone in mine and it helps.good luck from chris Addlestone Surrey

Reply to
Chris

I've had a similar problem with a Xantia. In that case it was the EGR valve being held open. My local man who does these things disconnected it and all was well.

Reply to
Malc

I will try both, a cleaner ( I hope you mean a diesel additive?) also when I find my EGR valve (whatever and wherever thats is) I will disconnect it and see what happens..thanks for you help guys :-)

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon

Had something similar, except on a totally different car! (Renaul 19 petrol)

Turned out to be a faulty air flow sensor - so could be the same?

Get to a good garage / tuner and they should be able to sort it sharpish

Best of luck... JB

Reply to
Joe Bloggs