Pug 306 - rear tyre rubbing inside wheel arch

The offside rear tyre on my trusty P-reg 306 1.9TD has started to rub against the inside wheelarch. Not badly, but enough that there's a slight mark on the tyre. Is there any adjustment to ride height as it does seem a little lower at the back than I remember it?

The back end has groaned a bit at the back for a week or so, and when the weather has been dry there's also been a squeak. Both occur when you push the back end down or lift it up and when driving at walking pace, faster and they disappear. Any ideas?

It doesn't seem to be affecting the handling, still drives like it's on rails. I'm just concerned that the rubbing isn't going to do the tyre any good.

Cheers,

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek,

There is adjustment to ride height, but it involves removing and dismantling the complete rear suspension unit to seperate the radius arms from the splined torsion bars.

Following a recommendation on this group some while ago, I have used the services of R.Mountjoy Engineering in Devon (

) on two occasions now (driving down from East Yorkshire!) for my wife's 206 and my own 306 1.9TD Estate. I can endorse the original recommendation without reservation. I suggest you give them a call and describe your problem. You might not need a replacemt suspension unit, but they can still help you fix the problem, for example adjusting ride height and replacing worn rubber mountings, which was all that was wrong with my 306.

Peter

Reply to
Eccles