Juddering Clutch

Hi can anyoneadvise me please: Ive just had a new clutch fitted to my 307 but it judders abit when you bring it up to its biting point? , the dealer said to give it a few hundred miles to bed in? .What do you guys think?. The old clutch never had this problem Thanks Chris(Woking ,Surrey)

Reply to
ace13

judders;Clutch friction plates linings contaminated with oil or grease, Faulty or distorted pressure plate or diaphragm spring. Worn or loose engine or gearbox mountings. clutch friction plate hub or gearbox input shaft splines worn. and thats what it says in the Haynes, from chris Addlestone Surrey

Reply to
Chris

Yes, may be these all apply, but he (the dealer) *might* be quite right!

Gerd.

Reply to
"Beate u. Gerhard Weiß"

I would certainly give it a little time to bed in first. If the problem persists after a few hundred miles, take it back and complain. Remember that according to the "supply of goods and services regulations 2002" any fault which comes to light within the first six months is deemed to have been there at the time of supply unless the supplier can prove that it was not. Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Thanks for your replys Chris

Reply to
ace13

AND DONT FORGET BRIAN ASWELL .HE HAS TOLD YOU SOMETHINGS ASWELL.. FROM CHRIS ADDLESTONE SURREY,ALSO BRIAN SOME PLACE IN ADDLESTONE.

Reply to
Chris

Something wrong. Never heard of a clutch needing to be bedded in (brakes yes). First check would be engine and gearbox mountings. If they're ok, it's inside the housing. As said- contaminated friction surface, release bearing and/or diaphragm spring faulty. DaveK.

Reply to
davek