Air Bag Warning Light '99 106

I know this topic has been discussed many times on this NG but I thought I would add my bit... my air bag warning light came on - took it to my dealer as per the manual.. he told me needed a new control unit (£150+). Read this NG and asked around - appears to be a common problem with the seat belt tensioner. Took the plunge and cut the connection under the seat and reconected it with a 5p block connector - NO problems since - needless to say I am looking for a new dealer!!

Reply to
jel183 (UK)

Really the manufactor should be doing regular tests on there dealers to ensure they are offering the best possible service. A lot of the dealerships are causing customers to move to other manufactors.

Reply to
Bob

Hello,

I wish it was the case. We, in France, also complain about that.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T