Anyone had their HDi 'chipped'?

I've just got a 307 110bhp HDi, but it doesn't feel as fast and as willing to accelerate as my old 306 90bhp HDi, especially in the mid-range. I've read about 'chipping' where the ECU is altered to give a better performance. If anyone has had this done, I would appreciate answers to a few questions: Is the increase in performance as good as claimed? Is your fuel economy better or worse? Was your warranty affected? How much more was your insurance?

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

hi hugo

my father recently bought a citroen c5 110bhp hdi to replace his 90bhp

307hdi, he also noted the same, there seems to be considerable more turbo "lag" on the 110bhp engine, it could be possible that it uses a bigger turbo.

anyway, superchipping will give you more power, up to 130ish bhp i seem to recall, but you dont get any more low end grunt, just more power once the turbo is spooled up. fuel economy is supposed to be improoved if you drive carefully but obviously if you drive hard it will use more fuel.

your best bet would be to email my mate gavin, he is

he had a 90bhp 306 hdi which he managed totake to 170bhp, which a heavy sterio in the boot in recently mate a 7 second0-60 run and will destroy gti's once moving, an amazing machine, he is amember of the peugeot gti autosprot club and along with a few other peoplewho own similar cars has developed some special cars, a "power stick" mightbe your best bet, this, combined with a superchip and an intercooler hastaken 90bhp engines to 150bhp, and has incresed fuel economy under normaldriving due to the fact that the driver is no longer having to rev theengine as hard.

as i say, one of his "power sticks" may be usefull to you. these are supposed to help with torque thruough the rev range.

hope this helped.

nick warden

Reply to
Nick Warden

bugo Nebula wrote:

Reply to
ML

Hugo, actually.

This was the site I visited first. But being a company site, I take the claims made with a pinch of salt. I was asking if anyone not connected with the company had any experience.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

I've had a superchip conversion on my 306 hdi 90 and the difference was quite noticeable. I would believe the website - they used to quote more but I think that was wishful thinking. About 20bhp more is quite possible, maybe even 25. Anyway, I'm very happy with it and nothing has gone wrong in the 9 months I've had it done.

Reply to
Simon