Are they serious ?

My air bag warning light came on a couple weeks ago. I took the 406 to my local main dealer (after checking and cleaning up, without success, the under seat connectors).

The garage has diagnosed the main air bag computer needs replacement. They say it will take *two* working days to carry out the work !

Where on earth is it, and can it really take someone familiar with the car that long (14 hrs ?) to complete the task ?

I'm glad the repair work is covered by the warranty !

Reply to
Mark Carver

Hi, First the 2 days that are required do not mean that they will work on it 14 hours; there are also the procurement time for the parts, then the coffe breaks (Sorry: I should say the tea breaks ...) , and what they call the preparation of the work, namely learning from peugeot books how to do it. Secondly, be aware that before deciding to change the computer they should bring evidences, thru testing and reinstalling the soft, that it has to be replaced; ask for those evidences .. They should have the proper test benche(s) in their workshop. Good luck. "Mark Carver" a écrit dans le message de news:bsufkn$1hcfo$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-75131.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Tchorny

As it's warranty they have to go by the Peugeot times to do the job, and the changing of the air bag ECU, including the diagnosis, and clearing of the faults afterwards should take no more than 2 hours. It is located under the centre console, just forward of the handbrake lever. They should have preordered the ECU anyway, so two working days is ridiculous.

Reply to
Nigel

Dropped the car in this morning at 08:00. Got a phone call at lunchtime. Job complete. Time taken, 2 Hours :-)

Reply to
Mark Carver