HELP for 206!!!!!

My air bag light is flashing constantly, and I cant afford til payday to take it to the dealership to have a diagnostic run. I have to do drive a lot for my job and quite long journeys. Anyone have any ideas what it could be, and whether im ok to keep driving for another 3 weeks before doing anything about it?

Reply to
rightlyred

It is a common Peugeot problem. There is a connection under the drivers seat where the Seat Belt Pretensioner is linked in. This connection needs re-doing. You might get away with cleaning and reconnecting although when mine went while still under warranty my Pug agent soldered it up. If you have a passenger airbag there will be a similar connection under the passenger seat.

The light does not mean the seat belt is likely to go off without warning, quite the reverse.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Thank you! i did a quick fix by wiggling said bits under seat, light seems to have gone off again, will keep an eye on it though! thanks for your help!

Unfortunately car is ancient, so no warrenty or anything :

"Keith Willcocks" wrote

Reply to
rightlyred

Glad to be able to help.