Peugeot 306- Unable to lock

Hi can anybody help!?!

I?ve got a Pug 306TD and it won?t lock. No matter if i use the remote or manually put key in lock it locks then unlocks!!!

Has anybody got any ideas??

Thanks

Reply to
FEZ

This has come up on the group before. I seem to remember that it usually turns out to be in the wiring loom where it goes into the door and is subject to wear.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

I had mine (96 model) fixed in the last week. The part is apparently is no longer a full door loom but a shorter length of multiple wires, each of which needed to be connected with the correct existing wire - and wires are of course not labelled. The job took 4.5 hours, although I was not charged for all of them.

Reply to
Rich80105

Basically, there must be a short in the wiring loom at one of the doors giving the appearance as if the door is still open.. Isnt your courtesy light staying on though ? I would have thought it would if that happened.

Im sure you could find the dodgy wires with a bit of investigation.

Good luck

Reply to
fairlyclueless