Brack disc thickness - Pug 306, 1998, 1.4 petrol

The car is a Peugeot 306 1998, 1.4l petrol. It has solid front discs with (if I remember correctly) Bosch calipers (the one where you remove

1 bolt and it rotates upwards to reveal the pads)

I checked the front pads and discs last weekend and planned on changing the pads this weekend, but I just wanted to check whether the discs need changing too.

I d Disc thickness: New: Solid disc: 10.0mm Minimum thickness Solid disc: 8.0mm

None of these seem to fit with a 11mm (used) disc. Plus, they make no reference to Bosch calipers - just ATE, Bendix and others I think.

So, can anyone provide the original thickness and minimum thickness for this setup?

Thanks

David

Reply to
David Hearn

You have now succesfully demonstrated that the rusty bits irrelevant :-) Digital calipers are £12.50 in woolworths or about £8 on ebay & they're quite usefull things in the toolbox

Reply to
Duncan Wood

True about the price - however I can successfully measure the rusty bits at 13mm. A simple ruler on the side shows it's 13mm. I can also see that the lip is, approx, no more than 1mm on each side, thus the disc is approx 11mm in thickness.

I'm not saying that I'm accurately measuring the disc to be 11mm, but that it appears to be (give or take a mm) about 11mm thick, certainly in excess of the 10mm which Haynes says is a brand new disc. And for a disc which is a couple of years old I would have expected it to have worn a bit.

I just wondered whether there were different discs used with different caliper setups, and whether I had a thicker disc.

Having a micrometer would only mean I could measure the thickness - if I don't know what the minimum or brand new thicknesses are, then it's a bit pointless. ;)

David Hearn

This from the Peugeot site. Max thickness 13mm. Min thickness 11mm. Diameter 247mm

That's for 306 with solid discs from Vin 32000001.

Reply to
Nigel

Excellent - that's just what I'm after. Just checked the VIN and it ends in 325xxxxx and the 13mm outer I measured seems right. Looks like I'll pick up some discs tomorrow. Thanks again.

David

Reply to
David Hearn