Brake Pads and discs for 306

I've just had a service on the car and was informed all brake pads and brake discs need replacing (front and back).

I have found out there are 4 different type of pads for the front and two different types of pads for the back. The disc's seem ok, as there is only one set for front and back.

How do I find out what types of brake pads I need for front and back? The garage quoted my around £450 to replace all pads and discs. I told them to forget it, as I want to buy all the parts cheaper, and a local garage has agreed to fit all parts for £30.

I've tried Peugeot, they said bring it in and they'd take a look but they wanted £35 just for having a look. No way Peugeot. I was thinking of taking the car along to Kwikfit for their 'Free' brake check, thus hopefully getting the part numbers, then buying them from a local car part shop, as Kwikfit in my opinion, are rip-off merchants.

If there's an easier way please can somebody let me know how? Thanks.

Reply to
the.ijk

Certainly Peugeot should be able to tell what parts are fitted from the VIN, as will many other independent parts suppliers. All you should really need to do though is have a look and see what maker's name is on the callipers. The pads are specific to the callipers. The Haynes book usually shows the different types too.

Reply to
Brian

Try and ring G.S.F or Euro parts for a price for your parts.

Reply to
Chrs

Post the last 8 numbers of your VIN and I'll get the makes for you

Reply to
Nigel

Hi Nigel,

The last 8 numbers of the VIN are: 31312955.

Many thanks.

Reply to
the.ijk

Rear brakes are Bendix. Discs Part number-- 4246G6 Pads Part number-- 425271

Front brakes are (unfortunately) a choice. You will have to look on the caliper for a make. As yours is a Mk 1 that's as close as I can get it.

Girling Discs Pt No -- 4246W5 Pads Pt No -- 425107

Teves Discs Pt No -- 4249A7 Pads Pt No -- 425316

Reply to
Nigel

Correction--Teves Discs Pt No -- 4246A7

Reply to