Peugoet 306

Hi, i am having a problem with my 306 diesel.Whenever i go over a bump the front of the car makes a clanging noise.I have had my car looked at by a garage and was told everything was ok i.e shockers,springs,bushes.If anyone out there happens to know what the problem is i would appreciate it if you could help me out.

Reply to
karl74

Did you have them look at the engine mount?

Reply to
Chrs

Always very difficult to diagnose things like this from a distance. Can you tell which side it comes from? A passenger in the car with you might help pinpoint its position. Again, is it a clang, or a knock? Favourite on these models is the anti-roll bar bushes, and drop links. A worn drop link will make quite a sharp noise, but the anti-roll bar bushed make a more dull thud. Also a badly worn lower ball joint can be noisy. Are you sure you haven't just got a loose exhaust somewhere, as that would match the sound.

Reply to
Brian

I would go for worn p bushes. i get a lot of these to do as there a crap design. And if you lower the car they wear out even quicker.

Also another bad pint which produces a knocking is the rear bushes which cause a knock when you go over speeds bumps.

Sean

karl74 wrote:

Reply to
Itsmee