Brand new 206 with problems

hi, I got a brand new Peugeot 206 HDI 2weeks ago.

When I drove it out of the dealership, the on-screen message alerted that both the passenger airbag and the drivers airbag are faulty.

I took it to the dealership the following day regarding the airbag problems, they then told me that I need to leave the car with them for 1 full day to perform testing ,ect.

Only problem is their 1st available date was only after 2 week (that was yesterday).

I left the car at the dealership yesterday and picked up the car today and they still could not fix the airbag problem.

I also found out that the rain sensor was defective, and they have ordered the part.

There are also squeaky noises from within the car, which they did not attend to.

The fuel gauge that does not want to move past the 3/4 mark, they said they fixed it but I still have to see it for myself.

Are Peugeot cars so problematic from the start or am I just unlucky?

Regards,

David Reid

Reply to
David Reid

andy

In article , David Reid writes

My 807 Executive has been. 40+ problems over the last two years, and Peugeot are worse than useless at resolving them (more than once I've had bodged repair attempts return the car in worse condition than it went to the dealer in). Peugeot UK don't give a damn about customer satisfaction, their attitude (when you finally get someone to reply to you - that alone took a month in my case) is that the car has a three year warranty, so I should continue taking it back to the dealer for repair attempts regardless of how long this takes, or how many times I have to go back.

I've taken the heap of junk to two different dealers countless times for the same electrical issues, but Peugeot are happy for me to continue like that indefinitely as replacing the car would cost them money. I don't trust the car at all now - this bank holiday weekend our nice, big, expensive MPV sat rotting on the driveway whilst we went away crammed in a (non-Peugeot) 7 year old saloon car.

I'd strongly suggest rejecting your car now. In my experience, things only get worse, and the longer you leave the rejection the harder it gets. The car is clearly not of satisfactory quality as required by the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended).

I'd never have another Peugeot - and I've had them for the last 15 years.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Haigh

You've been more unlucky than usual, but you don't buy a Peugeot for reliabilty.

I agree with the other posters here though: you should try to reject the car now before it's too late.

Androo

Reply to
Androo

which dealer did you take it to ?, the probs you desctibe are known to peugeot get 'em to get there arse in gear!! all the best mb ( mt)

Reply to
MARK BANKS via CarKB.com

Hi Mark, I phoned the Peogeut South Africa directly and they (customer care, there is only one person in customer care) followed up with the car dealer as to the progress on my car. Apparently the rain sensor is causing the airbags not to work, they said they ordered the rain sensor from France and it should arrive here in 1 weeks' time. I did not even know the rain sensors are defective!!! When I activate the rain sensor, it automatically wipes the windscreen and i'm happy with it.

Reply to
David Reid