changed power steering pump on 306 but not working

Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas on the following problem?

I have just replaced the power steering pump on my 1993 Peugeot 306 XLD. Everything is back in place and looks ok but the steering is very heavy. I expected the fluid to drain quickly from the reservoir and I'd have to fill it up again but it doesn't appear the pump has taken any fluid. I tried turning the steering wheel fully from left to right many times (over 20) and also driving the car round the street but still no change.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Robert

Reply to
theboabster

Hi, Robert you need to make sure the system is completly bleed, have you tried unscrewing the cap, then turning the wheels lock to lock until the air is out, are you sure the pump is work properly?

Chris

Reply to
Simpara

Chris,

Yes, I tried turning the wheels fully from left to right with the cap off. I am not positive that the pump is good though as it is not brand new. Is there any other way of bleeding the system?

Robert

Simpara wrote:

Reply to
theboabster