Changing Washer Jets

How do you do this, I have got the hose off fine, just wondering how to get the old jet off before I can replace it. Do I unscrew it somehow or pull it with pliers or something else?

Thanks

Michael

Reply to
Some Jedi

they are just pressed in, but there are plastic clips on the jet which makes it difficult to pop out since they open up underneath the bonnet, pop them out from underneath using a screwdriver by pushing the plastic clips inwards...... most washer jets are like this, however a little more info on your car etc might be better. why do you need to change them anyway, they are probably just blocked up, use a firm fine wire in the nozzle to clean them...or better still, use screen wash in future, most jets block up (corrode) because people dont use screen wash...just water...............

Reply to
steve

steve { stevewatson2003(remove_me)@ntlworld.com } chucked this at usenet and hoped it would stick:

Hi Steve

Sorry I couldnt have been much vaguer if I'd tried.

Its a 205, 13 years old but only done 21k.

Left washer is fine, right is very poor, I had a poke abit in it with a needle awhile ago but was in shop today and just bought one for a few quid.

I always use screen wash and when I got the car there was screenwash but I do take your point.

I might have a go with some wire too before I pop it out.

Thanks alot :)

Reply to
Some Jedi

On my 406, after having to clean the jets repeatedly, I inserted an on-line mesh filter (from a motor bike shop). No problems since (except I have to clean the filter now and again).

Reply to
ken kerrison

well it sounds much easier than having to try and unblock small jets with wire...........

Reply to
steve