Cold Start Problems: Peugeot Partner Diesel Van

My Peugeot Partner Diesel Van (1868CC, year 2000 model, 121,000mls) has just started having cold start problems on frosty mornings. Once it starts it run OK for the rest of the day (not buring oil and fuel economy is still OK). Changed the glow plugs and local garage checked it out overnight but found nothing obvious wrong with it. Mechanic has advised that it could be "tight tappets" and has advised taking it to the Peugeot dealer.

Anybody experienced the same problems and can offer any ideas etc??

Charlie

Reply to
Chazzer

MICHAEL ROCHE

Reply to
Chazzer

Has it been serviced it might be some thing wrong with the pump settings.give watson diesel a ring and ask them, they can help you in any way. from chris addlestone surrey

Reply to
Chris

Once you're sure the glowplugs are working, and the right ones were fitted as replacements. Possible things to think (worry) about are air leaks into the fuel line (Has it had a service or fuel filter change recently?) and the old wagon drivers problem of freezing diesel. (Ok I know it only goes slushy and I'd say it was about as likely as it having rabies, but you never know if one of the pipes is very exposed)

djimbo.

Reply to
djimbo