Dogs and speakers

Hi My lovely Dog has eaten the plug of my rear parcel shelf, so I decided to go and buy a couple of stereo plugs from maplins and do a little DIY, but then the shit hit the fan, the wires from the car are different colours to the ones from the speakers, I have wired it up and it works, but I think one of the speakers is out of phase hence not a lot of bass, anyone know which goes where?

Gordon :-)

Reply to
Gordon

Just swap the wires over on one speaker should suffice. If there is still not much bass (probally won't make much difference) they are out of phase with the fronts then swap both (i.e. swap the first one back and then swap the other one). If you connect a _small_ battery across a speaker the cone will move outward when you put a +ve voltage on the +ve terminal.

Reply to
Peter Chant