Rear speakers 206 XSi

Hi, I have a 206 XSi -01 bought used, and I was wondering about rear speakers for it. There are none there today - does anyone know if there is wiring there? Is it easy to install speakers afterwards?

Reply to
Patrik Montgomery

Check for speaker "knock outs" at the rear, if you cant find any it is likely there is no wiring for speakers running there, usually cars in a model range will have a standard "wiring snake" set that all models have, but not all models use some of the wires.If the knockouts are there open one and look for two wires with spade connectors just hanging there, the colour coding will be vital as these could be for a number of things, not neccesaraly speakers. alternatavely, check the connector at the back of your cd/tape that is part of the car and look to see if there are rear speaker wires in there, there should be 4 for front, 4 for rear, and the rest are power/ariel power (auto ariels) if your cars plug only has 4 speaker wire ( they are usually white for front L/R then change colour at the speaker) then you will need a convertor plug and will need to cut the old one off and re wire to make provission for rear speaker wiring, its a fidly job but not impossible, check these two web sites see if they give you any help :) the hardest part will be running 4 wires from the front of the dash to the rear of your car ( going under the carpet and door trims is likely ) i managed to get a Pug 505 to Euro conector easily from a local garage, so there is hope :)

PugLover

Perhaps I should explain a bit more about the situation...

I did check behind the cd, or rather, I happened to notice when I was replacing the CD anyway. Since I only have sound in the two front speakers, I expected to see only four wires in the lower connector. The point is that I saw five - which made me curious. There was also a few more wires taped together - I could not see where they come from. It could be that there are three wires there and that whoever connected the plug was sleeping on the job and either connected one wire too many or missed three, but I'd like to know that before bothering to get speakers.

There are speaker grilles in the back, but they cannot be removed without removing the entire side panel (it's a 3 door model). Removing that panel is a pain (as in removing the entire back seat to do it...) so I'd rather not do that until I actually install speakers.

What I'm looking for is if someone happens to know if there are wires there, or knows where I should ask.

Reply to
Patrik Montgomery