Stereo Installation - 2001 Liberty GX

Hello all,

I'm looking to install a new deck

a 2001 Liberty. I was just going to leave all the speakers wired asthey are.

Can someone please tell me if this is a difficult job? Are there any tricks to know when getting the dash off? I've googled for some instructions but without success for this model.

I don't suppose anyone might know the steps required to get the dash off? Where to start/common pitfalls etc?

Thanks very much for any help!!

Damien Sawyer

Reply to
damiensawyer

Call or go to Crutchfield on the Net (crutchfield.com). They supply installation kits with all their head units and speakers. Since most head units/receivers are plugged into a matching socket behind the stereo the job is usually a snap.

You will have to twist the wires from the stereo to the new plug that goes into the socket on your car, but instead of soldering or crimping with special tools, I've used small wire nuts to hold the wires together and insulate them. Never had one come loose yet, and I've done a lot of em.

While Crutchfield may charge a couple of bucks more, but still discounted, the installations kits, along with the help you can get on the phone and their no questions asked warranty if you don't like the deck for any reason, is well worth it.

in a 2001 Liberty. I was just going to leave all the speakers wired as> they are.

Reply to
Sheldon